Appetizers & sides
- French onion soup dip: Caramelize your onions at home, and this cheesy dish will come together in less than 20 minutes on gameday. Get the recipe.
- Toasted couscous and vegetable salad: A tailgate isn’t the time to count calories, but you’ll feel less guilty eating a second helping of ribs when you have this healthy, veggie-heavy dish on the side. Get the recipe.
- Pasta with cheese and ham: If you have tot-sized tailgaters, double the batch of this kid-approved play on mac & cheese. Get the recipe.
• Green chile burgers with Monterey Jack and cumin lime mayo: Banish blah burgers with a topper of chiles, mayo, lime and cilantro. Get the recipe.
• Campfire cooked sausage and peppers hoagies: Aluminum foil makes grilling Italian sausages and sweet peppers a cinch. Get the recipe.
• Bourbon-honey baby back ribs: With a glaze this sticky-sweet, you’ll want to pack an extra pack of wet wipes for post-meal cleanup. Get the recipe.
• Garlic-marinated strip steak: Shallots, balsamic vinegar and brown sugar elevate a New York strip from so-so to so-darn-good. Get the recipe.
• Grilled shrimp remoulade po’boys: Save time by peeling and deveining your shrimp at home, and you’ll be handing out zesty po’boys in the parking lot in 15 minutes. Get the recipe.
• S’mores cookie cake: This decadent treat tastes like your traditional campfire s’more—minus the risk of scorched marshmallows and burned fingers. Get the recipe.
• Gooey cherry-chocolate cake: If you’ve never added a cola to your chocolate cake mix, this indulgent dessert may be the one that converts you. Get the recipe.
Buy the book
Get delicious campsite recipes, plus tips and advice to make campsite dining simple and hassle free.
Essential tailgating recipes
You’ve already packed the trunk full of chips, salsa and the makings for hotdogs, but up your tailgate game with these crowd-pleasing twists on the classics.
August 24, 2018 01:51 PM
September 02, 2018 12:04 PM
August 24, 2018 01:45 PM